Using Proctortrack with
Level 1: ProctorLock
Table of Contents
What is Proctortrack?
How does it work?
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
This manual will provide steps on how to attempt a proctored exam using Proctortrack. The Steps to attempt any Proctortrack Enabled exams are the same. In this manual, you will see steps on how to attempt the Onboarding Quiz. The steps for any exam/tests shall remain the same as they are for the Onboarding Quiz.
Students will be required to install a browser plugin (chrome and firefox) during the test process when attempting an exam, for the first time on any computer.
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
3. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
4. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
5. The students will be redirected to a page to download the Proctortrack browser extension. Click on the ‘Download Plugin’ button to proceed. The plugin download steps will only be prompted the first time on any computer.
6. Click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button, and then on ‘Add extension’ button to add the plugin to the Chrome browser.
7. On successful installation of the Proctortrack Browser extension, an ‘icon’ will be visible on the top bar of the browser.
8. Proctortrack will prompt the student to change the settings to allow the extension to run in incognito mode. The ‘Continue’ button will get highlighted once the setting changes are done as per the suggested steps.
9. Click on the ‘Continue’ button once the settings are done as per the suggested steps.
10. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
11. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
12. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
13. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step".
14. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually
15. If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “Open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
16. Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads.
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled “I confirm my consent, agreement, and acknowledgement as described below” and click on “Start System Check".
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “No” to take the scan again. Otherwise, click “Yes” to proceed.
5a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “NEXT.”
5b. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
7. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin”.
8. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. You shall now be forwarded to your exam page. Please continue with the steps on the screen and start attempting your test
Simultaneously, the browser will go in lockdown mode. The lockdown mode (depending on the exam configuration) would prohibit you from visiting any URL other than what is allowed ( Test page, support pages, any other as allowed by the instructors). In case of any issues, you may click the support icon on the video-feed while being recorded and on the Proctortrack website support page use the chat widget to contact the support team.
9. Once the exam is complete and submitted, click “End” button on the top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” . Finally, click “End”.
10. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
11. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.