If the Proctortrack App is not able to launch, then it may be for one of the following reasons:
- Please make sure that you are not connected to any restricted network/work network.
- Please check if your computer meets the Proctortrack requirements. Please click on the link to check the Proctortrack requirements What are the technical requirements for Proctortrack?
- Please check if you have installed any anti-virus/firewall and it is blocking/deleting the Proctortrack app. If this is the case, then please temporarily disable the antivirus from your computer. Please click on the link and follow the steps How to disable or turn off antivirus.
- Proctortrack does not support Virtual Machines, so please check if you are trying to launch the Proctortrack app on your Virtual Machine.
- Please check if the application is already running in the background and close the same.
To check the application is running follow the below steps
- If on Windows: Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager
- Click on Details
- Go to Details Tab
- Search for Proctortrack
- Right click and press "End Process Tree"
- If on Mac : Press Command + Space
- Type in Activity Monitor
- Search Proctortrack
- Right click and Force quit
- After Ending the process Uninstall the older version from Windows. To do so follow the steps below
- Open Control Panel from Start
- Go to Programs and Features
- Click on Uninstall Program
- Search Proctortrack and Uninstall
- Alternatively please follow the below steps for Windows:
Step 1: Go to this path to reach Proctortrack directory C:\Users\"Current User Directory"\AppData\Roaming\(AppData folder is hidden by default)
Step 2: To unhide the AppData folder, follow the below steps
Select the Start button, then select Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization.
Select Folder Options and then select the View tab.
Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then click OK.
Step 3: Delete Proctortrack and Verificient Folder
- For Mac follow the below steps
- From the “Go” menu navigate down to “Go to Folder” and enter ~/Library/Application Support/
- Search Proctortrack folder and Move to Trash
Once done please reinstall the latest version of Proctortrack Application by downloading it from Proctortrack Dashboard and run the application.