If you are getting a microphone error at the System Check stage of Proctortrack the Microphone input volume/sensitivity might need to be increased.
Below are the steps for MAC and Windows users.
For MAC users:
1. Go to System Preferences.
2. Go to "Sound".
3. Go to "Input" and increase the "Input Volume". Try speaking into the microphone once and then click "Retry" on the Proctortrack window. Also, make sure the "Use ambient noise reduction" checkbox is unchecked.
FOR WINDOWS USERS:
1. Right-Click on the sound icon on the task-bar in the bottom right corner of the screen. Click "Recording devices".
2. Go to the "Recording" tab and double-click the default microphone. Go to the "Levels" tab and increase the "Microphone" and "Microphone Boost" Levels to their maximum values. Try speaking into the microphone.
3. Right-Click on the speaker icon in the lower-right corner of the screen and select "Open Volume Mixer" as shown below. Make sure that "Speakers" and "System sounds are moved all the way up and are not muted.
4. Also check if the Microphone is allowed to accessed by the Apps on Windows. Go to "Microphone Privacy Settings" from Start menu, and then Turn ON the option as below.
5. Close and then click on retry on Proctortrack/Remote Desk App.