What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
This manual will provide steps on how to attempt a proctored exam using Proctortrack. The Steps to attempt any Proctortrack Enabled exam are the same. In this demo, you will see steps on how to attempt the Onboarding Quiz. The steps for any exam/tests shall remain the same as the Onboarding Quiz.
How do I Take an exam using Proctortrack?
1. Please login with the username and password.
2. Select the desired course from the top of the start page.
3. On the menu on the left, click on the Proctortrack Dashboard link.
4. This is the Proctortrack Student Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test.
The Onboarding test is a sample test. Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
5. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
6. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
7. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
8. Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-taker’s understanding.
9. Scroll down again to find the 'Instructor 's Guidelines for the Current Test'
10. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.”Click “Go To Next Step.”
11. Please click on ‘Download Proctortrack’ button to download the app.
12. Open the 'Proctortrack.zip /Proctortrack.exe' file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
Using Proctortrack: -
1. Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement Policy”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” and click the 'START SYSTEM CHECK' button.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “ RE-SCAN” to rewrite the them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “ CONFIRM” to move on.
5. a) For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “Next.”
5. b) For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan.”
6. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “Re-Scan” (1) as many times as needed or click “Confirm” (2) to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left Hand” or “Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. a) Review the Exam Guidelines and go through the 'NOT ALLOWED' tab.
9b. Now switch to the 'ALLOWED' tab , go through the Guidelines given and click on the 'I AGREE, LET'S BEGIN' button
10. a) Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. A prompt for the “Username” and “Password” should appear. The “Username” and “Password” (1) are displayed on the top right corner. Once they’ve been entered into the textboxes (2), click “Begin Assessment” (3).
10. b) Sometimes the access code is hidden. If it is, follow the steps given below. You need to click on the “PASSWORD” present on the top right corner.
10. c) Now click “COPY” on the “Exam Password” page.
10. c) Once the password is copied, click “CLOSE” (1) and In the “Access code/Password”(2) field, right click and then click “Paste” (or press CTRL + V in Windows/ Command +V for MAC OSX ) to paste the password for the exam.
Click on “Begin Assessment”(3) to start the Test.
11. a) Take the test while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed (1) anywhere on the screen so that it stays out of the way of important functionality. After answering each question save the answer. After the test, it’s very important to remember to submit the test by clicking on “Submit for Grading”(2) and before clicking on “End” (3) to end the monitoring session.
11. b) Under the Assessment Submission Warning Page Click on “Submit for Grading” (1) to submit the test. Then Click ’END’ (2) button on the top right corner to end the proctoring session.
12. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test”, then click on “End”.
13. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack servers.
14. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” (1) to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” (2) to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.
Once you have completed the Onboarding quiz, you may check the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard: -
1. Once the Onboarding is submitted, and is under processing it shows on the Proctortrack Dashboard as below.
2. Once the Onboarding is passed, the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard indicates the same. The Student will be able to take the Actual tests (the tests become active) once their Onboarding is passed.
3. Students can view their Onboarding scans data under the “Onboarding” tab. They can click the “arrow” to scroll through the Face, ID and Knuckle scan. The Onboarding tab clearly shows the date of the Onboarding as well as the Expiration date (each profile is valid for 1 year). The Students also have the option to take the Onboarding by clicking on the “Retake Onboarding Test” link.
4. To attempt any actual tests, the students are required to click on the “Go To Test” button for that particular test. The steps after that are the same as shown above (step 5 onwards).