How to use Proctortrack for Live Proctored Exams
- Getting Started
- Proctortrack Support
- Minimum System Requirements for Mac and PC Devices
- Minimum Mobile App Requirements
- Additional Requirements for Mac OS and Windows OS
- Onboarding Exam Steps (First Time Test Takers Only)
- Registration and Conformation Emails Prior to Exam Date
- Steps to Follow on the Day of Your Exam
- Appendix B – Removing Restrictions on Windows Device
- Appendix C – Mac Device Permissions
- Appendix D – Troubleshooting Onboarding
- Appendix E – Troubleshooting Scheduled Exam
- Appendix F- Acceptable Forms of Identification
Please be advised it can take 30-45 minutes to complete the entire process of connecting to a LiveProctor. This process includes identification verification and securing the testing environment.
Note: Learners are advised to have their mobile phones charging throughout the exam, especially if it's less than 80% charged.
If you encounter a technical problem, you can ask the proctor for help. You will be able to communicate with the proctor via chat at any time during your exam. If the proctor is unable to help you resolve the technical issue, you will be directed to contact the Proctortrack technical support line via live chat, phone, or email.
- For live chat visit the support page (recommended).
- Or call the dedicated Proctortrack technical support line for Humber learners: 1(844) 966-1155.
Telephone Support Hours
Monday to Friday – 8 am to 9 pm EST
Saturday to Sunday – 8 am to 7 pm EST
Additional Requirements for Mac OS and Windows OS
Note: Please click here to view detailed technical requirements.
Onboarding Exam Steps (First Time Test Takers Only)
Note: The onboarding exam should only be completed by first-time test takers. Learners who have already taken a virtual exam need not complete the onboarding again. The onboarding exam is valid for a year.
1. Enter https://ca-testing.verificient.com in your address browser line.
2. Please log in using your Proctortrack username and password.
First-time exam takers will receive an email notification from Proctortrack to complete the
onboarding exam within two weeks before the scheduled exam date. The email will include
their Proctortrack credentials.
All learners must pass the onboarding exam at least a day before the scheduled exam date.
It is recommended to change the password after you log in.
Refer to Appendix A – for a list of the onboarding exam rules and sample email notifications.
3. Click on Go to Test button for the onboarding exam.
A message box will appear with details of your exam time, proceed to click on Go to Test.
4. Scroll down and read the information provided under the Let’s Get Started guidelines.
5. Checkmark the box at the bottom of the page to agree to the terms.
6. Follow the instructions presented on the screen. Pay attention to the banner messages displayed (see
the image below).
Step 1: Open the App and click on Connect to Proctortrack button.
Step 2: Click anywhere on the app screen to proceed further.
If you do not have the app, please follow the instructions to download it:
Step 1: Click on the Download Proctortrack button. After the download is complete proceed to click on Connect to Proctortrack.
Note: If you are unable to download the Proctortrack app, please refer to Appendix B if you
are using a Windows device and Appendix C if you are using a Mac device.
7. If it’s taking longer than 10 seconds to initiate the app, follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
Step 1: Go back to the browser (you can drag the app on the side).
Step 2: Click on the Connect to Proctortrack button.
Step 3: Come back here and click anywhere inside the app.
8. Read over the Agreement to Policy and checkmark the box to confirm your consent only after you have read the information. Click on I agree to proceed.
9. Your device will now complete a system check. if you are using a windows device, you may come across a firewall pop-up on your screen. Select allow access to continue with the app.
10. After the system check you are ready for the onboarding exam. Click on Continue to proceed.
11. You will be prompted to verify your identity. Ensure to read the information provided on the screen, then click on Continue to proceed.
12. You will now be prompted to complete a Face Scan.
Click Scan and follow the instructions displayed on the page to ensure a proper face scan is captured.
Once the face scan is captured click on Next to proceed. If the face scan is blurry click on Retake to capture again.
13. You will now be prompted to complete an ID Scan:
Position your ID and ensure that the reflection of light is not hiding the text.
Click on Start Scan and hold the ID for 10 seconds.
Ensure that the text in your final ID scan is readable.
Provincial health cards are not accepted. Please review Appendix F for approved Government issued ID.
Click on Next once you complete your ID scan to proceed.
14. Click on Next.
The page will list a set of rules and guidelines of what is allowed for the duration of the exam. Scroll down the page to read over the information provided.
15. You will be prompted to complete a room scan. Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to capture
a correct scan.
16. At this stage learners will use their mobile devices and scan the bar code to complete a room scan. Please
ensure you have the proctortrack mobile app downloaded.
If you have not already downloaded the Proctortrack app visit proctortrack.com/mobile-app on your
phone or visit the App Store or Google Play Store.
17. Launch the Proctortrack mobile app and scan the QR code using the mobile app. Follow the mobile app
directions (shown below) to produce a 360-degree scan of your room. Once completed successfully the
page will automatically forward to the next step.
On your mobile device proceed to read the agreement policy checkmark the box and click Next to proceed. You may have to adjust the permission settings on the app. Simply enable the permission settings to proceed.
The app will proceed to complete a system check on your mobile device and select Start to begin.
Select Ok after the system check to proceed with the room scan.
18. Follow the instructions presented on your mobile.
Record a 360-degree 20-second-long video of your room including left, right, and behind you.
Record a 10 – second-long video including your desk, set up, monitor (front), monitor, (back).
19. You can retake your room scan if needed. Once your room scan is completed select Next to proceed and
your test will start on your monitor.
20. Plug in your phone if it's less than 80% charged into a power source and position it on the landscape, selfie mode next to you. Make sure that you and your monitor are within the phone camera view just like in the image below.
When you are done, return to the desktop app and click the button Confirm & Start Proctoring and, on your mobile, proceed to click on Start.
On the desktop app if you are curious to learn about how Proctortrack protects your data you can proceed to select “Click Here”.
21. Monitoring is now active on the mobile device.
22. Learners can see themselves being recorded in the bottom right corner of the screen.
The footage can be minimized by clicking on the top right corner of the video feed.
Use the arrows to move the video feed to the left or right of the screen.
23. Complete and submit the onboarding exam by clicking on any of the End buttons displayed.
24. A pop-up will appear, proceed, and click on End.
25. The onboarding exam will begin to upload do not quit the app. The time it takes to upload the data would be dependent on the internet speed.
26. Once the upload is complete proceed to click on Quit App to close and save the application. If you are using a windows device, you have the option to Uninstall the app to remove Proctortrack from the desktop. You can also take a 2-minute survey.
27. Proctoring has now ended on the Mobile Phone as well. The app will close on the mobile in 5 seconds automatically. It does not close you can proceed to click on Quit Now on the mobile phone
Note: Once you complete and submit your onboarding exam you will receive two emails from Proctortrack informing you that the onboarding exam is being processed. You will receive a final email from Proctortrack once the onboarding exam is approved.
If the onboarding exam is not approved, an email will be sent by Proctortrack and the onboarding will have to be attempted again. Learners must have an approved onboarding exam prior to the scheduled exam date. The status of your onboarding exam is located on the Proctortrack dashboard.
Registration and Confirmation Emails Prior to Exam Date
Prior to the scheduled exam date, learners will receive two emails from Proctortrack refer to Appendix A for samples.
Registration Email – This email will be sent 3-4 business days prior to the scheduled exam date. This email is issued once the registration is processed internally.
Confirmation Email – This email will be sent 12-24 hours prior to the scheduled exam date. This email is sent as a final confirmation that your exam has been successfully scheduled.
Steps to Follow on the Day of Your Exam
1. Log in to your Proctortrack account using your Proctortrack username and password at https://ca-testing.verificient.com on the day of your exam.
Ensure your workstation is clear and distraction-free.
During the exam session, you must be in the proctor’s view at all times.
Learners will not be able to start the exam prior to the scheduled time slot.
2. Click on Go to Test under the scheduled exams.
3. Click on Go to Test once the button is active at the scheduled time of the exam.
4. To contact the Proctortrack support team at any time, use the chat widget on the bottom right corner of the page.
5. Follow the same steps from the Onboarding Exam.
Please see steps 4 to steps 7 from the Learner Guide.
6. During the first time you launch the app it may take about 2 minutes for the app to get started.
7. Follow the same steps from the Onboarding Exam
Please see steps 8-12 from the Learner Guide.
8. Once your face scan is approved click on Next to proceed. Follow steps 13-17 from the Learner Guide.
9. Follow the instructions presented on your mobile.
Record a 360-degree 20-second-long video of your room including left, right, and behind you.
Record a 10-second-long video including your desk, set up, monitor (front), and monitor (back).
After the 10-second-long video, your room scan will be under review by the proctor.
10. Once you complete your room scan the proctor will then approve or decline it. Please allow a few minutes for this process as it will take time. Once your room scan is passed you will see the image below on your screen.
11. Follow steps 19-21 from the onboarding exam from the Learner Guide.
12. Once your room scan is approved, you will automatically be taken to the next step and proctoring will begin. If the position of your phone is not approved, your proctor will inform you via chat and you will be required to adjust it.
13. Proctoring is active.
A Live Proctor will be available during the session and can assist via the chat window on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that live proctoring is now in session.
The page will now be redirected to the Learner Portal.
Learners are advised to take a washroom break at this point in the exam set-up process. Please inform the proctor via the chat box before and after you take the washroom break.
Note: Once the exam has started, no washroom breaks will be permitted, except for preapproved accommodations. Any unapproved breaks taken during the exam will lead to your exam being terminated immediately.
14. Login using your Learner ID (X*******) and Password. If you are experiencing issues logging into the learner portal (only), contact Humber technical support at 416-675-5025, option 4. Please notify the proctor through the chat box before calling technical support.
15. After you have logged in under My Current Courses, click on the appropriate exam link from the list shown.
16. You will be directed to the exam access page.
Select Click here to access the exam link.
For learners writing a course exam skip to step 14.
Simulation Session Assessment
Select Click here to access the simulation session link.
Select the Start icon.
Click on the exam icon.
17. Click the Current tab to access the exam link.
Click on the appropriate link within the list shown. Further instructions will be provided on the screen.
18. The Start Exam button at the bottom of the screen will be inactive (greyed out) until the exam is unlocked.
19. Review the onscreen instructions carefully.
Take a few minutes to view the tour of the exam system by clicking the Take a Tour button at the bottom of the screen.
20. When you are ready to begin, please notify the proctor through the chat box.
21. Please wait while the proctor confirms that your exam is unlocked.
22. Once the Start Exam button turns GREEN; you may click it to begin the exam.
23. In the event your phone gets disconnected a pop-up will appear informing you to reconnect the phone. Follow
the instructions on the screen to re-connect the phone.
24. After you have attempted all the exam questions, you will be presented with a summary page for review.
Review the questions (including any questions bookmarked).
25. Submit the exam by clicking the SUBMIT button on the screen.
Once you have submitted your exam, NO FURTHER CHANGES to your answers will be permitted.
26. Select Close and proceed to end the proctoring.
27. Click the END button on any of the options shown below after submitting the exam, to end the proctoring manually.
28. Repeat steps 23 - 27 from the onboarding exam to end the proctoring.
Appendix A - Onboarding Exam Rules
All learners Must pass the onboarding exam a minimum of 24 hours before the scheduled exam date.
The onboarding exam is essential as it conducts a system check on your device.
The onboarding exam should NOT be attempted on the scheduled exam date.
Learners MUST have an approved onboarding exam in order to attempt the actual exam.
If the onboarding exam is not approved, learners will receive an email.
Learners MUST attempt the onboarding exam again until it is approved.
The onboarding exam status is visible in the learner’s account, on the main dashboard.
Sample Email Notifications
First-time exam takers will receive an email notification from Proctortrack to complete the onboarding exam within a week of booking the exam. The email will include their Protortrack credentials.
Two follow-up emails will be sent after the completion of the onboarding exam. The first follow-up email will confirm the submission of the exam, the second follow-up email will include details of the result of the exam.
Learners will receive a registration email in 3-4business days prior to the scheduled
Learners will receive a confirmation email (see image below) from Proctortrack 12-24 hours prior to the scheduled exam date.
Appendix B – Removing Restrictions on Windows Device
Learners using a Windows device should follow the instructions below to grant Proctortrack access to monitor and record the test session without any issues. Please make sure that the settings below are enabled.
Click on the Connect button after downloading the proctortrack app for the first time.
In the event you are not directed to the system check page, please follow these steps to remove any setting restrictions.
If you have any privacy setting restrictions, Proctortrack will not connect automatically. In that case, please follow the instructions below to complete the required privacy settings.
Select Start > Settings > Privacy > Camera. When prompted to Allow access to the camera on this device, select Change and make sure Camera access for this device is turned on.
Select Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone. When prompted to Allow access to the microphone on this device, select Change and make sure microphone access for this device is turned on.
Appendix C – Mac Device Permissions
Learners using a Mac device should follow the instructions below to grant Proctortrack and the Exam browser access to monitor and record the test session without any issues. Please make sure that the settings below are enabled.
- If you have any privacy setting restrictions, you will be directed to the Security and Privacy window automatically. When directed click on the button Click Here Once You Are Done With Above Changes.
- Go to System Preference --> Security and Privacy -> Privacy tab --> Select the Proctortrack check box for following options.
Note: For Mac Users: Once you have enabled the permission checks, the Proctortrack application will be in the system check phase. If not, please close the application and try launching again (refer to step 10). If you are still experiencing issues with the Proctortrack application, please contact Proctortrack support for assistance at 1(844) 966-1155.
Appendix D – Troubleshooting Onboarding
Appendix E – Troubleshooting Scheduled Exam
Appendix F- Acceptable Forms of Identification