Using Proctortrack in D2L
For students use only
Table of Contents
- What is Proctortrack?
- How does it work?
- Why onboarding?
- What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
- Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during your online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack.
Remember, if you ever have any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional
information, as well as use the live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported
operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system
themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other
browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
© Verificient Technologies Inc. 2019 Confidential - For internal use only. 3
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure
circumstances. It also gives students time to ensure their system is compatible and meets the minimum requirements well
before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
- Facial scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan shows invalid ID
- Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to
retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them with the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
This manual will provide steps on how to attempt a proctored exam using Proctortrack. The Steps to attempt any Proctortrack Enabled exam are the same. In this demo, you will see steps on how to attempt the Onboarding Quiz. The steps for any other quiz/exam/test shall remain the same as they are for the Onboarding Quiz.
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. log in to your D2L (Brightspace) student account with relevant credentials and click on ‘Login.’
2. Once you log in, choose the desired course from the drop-down menu button.
3. Click on Content and then select Proctortrack from the Table of Contents on the left and then click on the Proctortrack Dashboard link
4. a.) This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be
attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. An onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests
b.) On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of tests below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
5(a). Read through the guidelines under the ‘How it Works’ tab on the top. To further understand all the steps required, click the next button to scroll through the steps.
(b). Scroll down to go through the ‘Let’s Get Started’ section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
(c). Scroll down further to find the ‘General Guidelines’ section. These are exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
(d) After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled ‘I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.’ Click ‘Go To Next Step.’
6(a). This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download.
or, If the App was downloaded during any previous tests/assessments, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on ‘Open Proctortrack’ to launch the application. or, click ‘here to download the Proctortrack app manually.
(b). Click on the ‘Download Proctortrack’ button and the Proctortrack app will start downloading.
7. Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads
8. For the latest MAC OS update: ‘Catalina’, please follow the onscreen instructions to allow the Proctortrack app required permissions to run smoothly.
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled ‘I confirm my consent, agreement, and acknowledgment as described below and click on ‘Start System Check’.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “No” to take the scan again. Otherwise, click “Yes” to proceed.
5a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “NEXT.”
5b. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
7. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
8. (a) Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. The page will ask for a test/assessment password to start the test/assessment.
(b) The ‘Access Code/Quiz Password’ is displayed on the top right corner on the blue border of the Proctortrack App. Enter the code in the required input box and click on ‘Start Quiz’ to proceed.
(c) Sometimes the Access Code/Password is hidden for the few tests/assessments. Here are the steps to generate and paste the password again, in case the student has accidentally closed the test/assessment window and wants to resume the test.
The Exam Password window will pop up or click on the Password icon present on the top border.
- The password is generated, please follow the steps given in the “Exam Password Copied!” message box.
- Paste the password in the provided input box. (CTRL+V is used for Windows).
- Similarly for MAC, you get the below message. Command+V is used for MAC to paste the password You will need to right-click in the assessment password box and paste it
- You can use the keys ctrl+v to paste it as well (Windows)
- You can use the keys command+v to paste it as well. (MAC OSX)
9. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, right-click and then click on Paste Or for Windows press CTRL + V, and for MAC press Command + V to paste the password in the Quiz Password Box.
10. After the test, it’s important to remember to click “Go to Submit Assessment.”
11. You will be displayed quiz submission page. Click “Submit Quiz.” When prompted for submitting the quiz, click “Yes, submit an assessment.”
12. Once you submit the test/assessment, click the “End” button on the top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.”. Finally, click “End”.
13. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test” Then, click “ END”.
14. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
15. The test/assessment session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test/assessment. Click ‘QUIT APP’ to save the application for use with later tests/assessments, or click ‘Uninstall’ to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test/assessment
Once you have completed the Onboarding quiz, you may check the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard.
1. Once the Onboarding is submitted and is under processing it shows on the Proctortrack Dashboard as below
2. Once the Onboarding is passed, the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard indicates the same. The Student will be able to take the Actual tests (the tests become active) once their Onboarding is passed.
3. The Students can view their Onboarding scans data under the “Onboarding” tab. They can click the “arrow” to scroll through the Face, ID, and Knuckle scan. The Onboarding tab clearly shows the date of the Onboarding as well as the Expiration date (each profile is valid for 1 year). The Students also have the option to take the Onboarding by clicking on the “RetakeOnboarding Test” link.
4. To attempt any actual tests, the students are required to click on the ‘Go To Test’ button for that particular test. The steps after that are the same as shown above (page 11 onwards).