Using Proctortrack in Blackboard
Table of Contents
What is Proctortrack? How does it work?
What do I need to take exams using Proctortrack? How to take exams with Proctortrack?
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
How to Take an Exam using Proctortrack?
*For Instructors: You can experience the student flow by going to student preview mode and following the steps that students would take to attempt the proctored exam as listed below.
1. log in to Blackboard as a student by entering an email address and the corresponding password before clicking “Login”.
2. Click on the Courses from the top right hand, Select the Course from the Course list.
3. Select the “Content” from the left-hand side. And then click on “Proctortrack”.
4. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. An onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of tests below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
5(a). Read through the guidelines under the ‘How it Works’ tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
5(b). Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
5(c). Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
5. (d) After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step.”
6(a). This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually.
If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
6(b). Open the Proctortrack.zip (MAC) or Proctortrack.exe (Windows) file from the download bar at the bottom.
7. Finally, launch the Proctortrack app from your downloads folder to continue.
1. After Launching the Proctortrack app, you will be redirected to the “Agreement to Policies”. Please read the agreement policies, check the box below and then click on “I AGREE”.
2. A 7-point System Check will automatically run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Once the System Check is successfully conducted, click “CONTINUE” to start your onboarding. Follow the prompts till you reach the Face and ID scan.
4. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “START SCAN”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
5. If you’re not satisfied with the scans, click on “RETAKE” to take the scan again. Or else, click on “NEXT” to proceed.
5 a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click on “START
5 b. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame in the correct alignment and hold it steady so that it’s clear.
Click “START SCAN” to proceed.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “RETAKE” if you are not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the ID as many times as needed or click “NEXT” to proceed.
7 a. You will now be required to conduct a room scan using either the Proctortrack mobile app by scanning the QR code on your screen with the app or with your laptop by clicking on “CONTINUE WITHOUT MOBILE”
7 b.Rotate the external webcam or the laptop to the Right, Left and also show the desk or table you have placed the laptop. Or, use your mobile phone app to conduct a proper scan of your testing area.
7 c. Make sure you follow the following steps while conducting the room scan. If you’re not happy with your scan, click “RETAKE” to take a new scan or else, click “CONFIRM & UPLOAD” to continue.
8. The Test Guidelines window shows the Proctoring or monitoring configurations and instructions on what is allowed during the exam. Read them carefully and click “START PROCTORING” to begin your proctoring session.
09. A blue frame on your screen indicates that you are being monitored and recorded. You have options to take a break (if allowed) on the top or hide the webcam video feed if it bothers you.
10. You also have an option for a live chat with our support staff. Once you have finished and submitted your exam, click on “END” to end the proctoring session.
11. This is the End Proctoring window where you can click on “END” to start data upload.
12. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack within a few seconds.
13. The test session is complete! Both the buttons visible here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.