What is Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Login to Hosted as a student by entering a Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Login.”
2. Once you login, the homepage would be visible to you. Here on the top right corner, you have the option to change the language and also to go to the help center page where you can find some helpful articles related to proctortrack.
3. You will be redirected to the Proctortrack Dashboard, where you will see the list of tests. Please click on the “Continue” button. On the top menu bar, you have a chat icon through which you would be redirected to ProctorTrack support page where you can find some helpful articles for your reference. On the right to it, there is an option from where you can switch to your preferred language. You also have the Onboarding status on the dashboard. When you appear for the Onboarding exam, a baseline profile is created which will be used for all the actual tests which you will be taking. The purpose of this sample test is to avoid any last minute surprises when you appear for the actual exam.
On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of tests below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here, we will first attempt the Onboarding test .
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
4. You will now see the best practices page depicting the general guidelines which you should be following during the exam.
(a). Read through the guidelines under the ‘How it Works’ tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the
“Next” button to scroll through the steps.
(b). Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
(c). Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-taker’s understanding.
(d) After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step.”
5. a) This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually.
If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
(b). Open the Proctortrack.zip (MAC) or Proctortrack.exe (Windows) file from the download bar at the bottom.
6. Finally, launch the Proctortrack app from your downloads folder to continue.
1. After Launching the proctortrack app, you will be redirected to the “Agreement to Policies”. Please read the agreement policies, check the box below and then click on “I AGREE”.
2. A 7-point System Check will automatically run to verify that the system is ready.
1.Once the System Check is successfully conducted, click “CONTINUE” to start your onboarding. Follow the prompts till you reach the Face and ID scan.
5 a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click on “START
5 b. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame in the correct alignment and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “START SCAN” to proceed.
8 b. You will now be required to conduct a room scan using either the Proctortrack mobile app by scanning the QR code on your screen with the app or with your laptop by clicking on “CONTINUE WITHOUT MOBILE”
8 b. Rotate the external webcam or the laptop to the Right, Left and also show the desk or table you have placed the laptop. Or, use your mobile phone app to conduct a proper scan of your testing area.
8 c. Make sure you follow the following steps while conducting the room scan. If you’re not happy with your scan, click “RETAKE” to take a new scan or else, click “CONFIRM & UPLOAD” to continue.
9. The Test Guidelines window shows the Proctoring or monitoring configurations and instructions on what is allowed during the exam. Read them carefully and click “START PROCTORING” to begin your proctoring session.
10. A blue frame on your screen indicates that you are being monitored and recorded. You have options to take a break (if allowed) on the top or hide the webcam video feed if it bothers you.
10. You also have an option for a live chat with our support staff. Once you have finished and submitted your exam, click on “END” to end the proctoring session.
11.This is the End Proctoring window where you can click on “END” to start data upload or click on “END AND UPLOAD NOTES” to manually scan and upload handwritten notes.
The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack within a few seconds.
The test session is complete! Both the buttons visible here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.