1. CAN I TAKE MY TEST 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK?
No. The DMV’s Automated Knowledge Testing System is available for remote testing Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm Pacific time.
2. CAN I TAKE MY TEST ON A CELL PHONE OR TABLET?
No. MVProctor-monitored tests are only administered on webcam-enabled PCs and laptops.
3. WHAT DOES MVPROCTOR MONITOR?
During proctoring sessions, MVProctor (MVP) monitors: the video feed from your webcam, eye movements, audio levels in your environment, hardware devices connected to your computer, whatever is visible on your screen, and the identity of the individual taking the exam (this is checked continuously). MVProctor (MVP) does not: monitor your web browsing history or view or read personal files on your computer.
4. WHAT ARE DMV-APPROVED FORMS OF ID?
Please refer to the DMV’s list of approved forms of ID at the DMV’s California Driver Handbook site:
5. WHAT IF I HAVE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES?
The DMV’s field office can provide you with customer service contact information.