Table of Contents
What is Proctortrack?
How does it work?
What do I need to take exams using Proctortrack? How to take exams with Proctortrack?
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own systems themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
- Facial scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan missing or insufficient
- ID scan shows the invalid ID
- Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
- Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Here are Proctortrack's system requirements:
Note: Proctortrack does not support Linux, Virtual Machines, Chromebook, iPads, Tablets, Android Mobile phones, or mobile devices and computers with firewall restrictions on it.
How to take exams with Proctortrack?
2. Select the desired Course from My Courses.
3. Click on the Proctored Exams link on the left-hand panel.
4. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard for students. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. An onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
Click on Go To Test against the desired exam.
5. Read through the guidelines under the How it Works tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the Next button to scroll through the steps.
6. After getting familiar with all the guidelines on the Let’s Get Started page, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines” and Click on the “Go To Next Step” button.
7. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually. If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “Open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
8. Launch the Proctortrack app from your downloads folder to continue.
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled “I confirm my consent, agreement, and acknowledgment as described below” and click on “Start System Check”.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Face Scan: make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “No” to take the scan again. Otherwise, click “Yes” to proceed.
5. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “Next.”
6. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
7. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
8. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
9. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session.
10. Click on Start Retake #1 to begin the exam.
11. Enter the Access code in the password field and click on Start.
The Access code for the exam is visible on the top right corner or is sometimes configured to be hidden. Please follow the below steps for either of the cases.
(a) The “Access Code/Password” is displayed on the top right corner on the blue border of the Proctortrack App.
(b) Sometimes the Password is hidden for the few exams. Here are the steps to generate and paste the password again, in case the student has accidentally closed the test window and wants to resume the test.
- You need to click on the Password icon present on the top right corner.
- Now click the ‘COPY’ button on the ‘Exam Password’ page.
- The password is generated, please follow the steps given in the “Exam Password Copied!” message box.
- CTRL+V is used for Windows.
- Similarly for MAC, you get the below message. Command+V is used for MAC to paste the password
- You will need to right-click in the assessment password box and paste it
- You can use the keys ctrl+v to paste it as well (Windows)
- You can use the keys command+v to paste it as well. (MAC OSX)
12. Take the test as you would normally do.
13. Once you complete answering the questions, click on Submit exam.
14. Now the exam is submitted. Click on END button to end the proctoring and upload the data.
15. Check the box next to“Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.”, Finally, click “End proctoring”.
16. The Proctoring session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
17. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click QUIT APP to save the application for use with later tests, or click Uninstall to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.