What is Proctortrack?
How does it work?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own systems themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows the invalid ID
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support: Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Here are Proctortrack's system requirements:
1: Operating System-> Windows 7 or higher, MAC OSX 10.10.5 or higher with a minimum of 2GB free space.
2: Processor/RAM -> Dual-core 2.4 Ghz CPU, 2 GB RAM or better (Windows), Intel Processor, 2 GB RAM or better(MAC)
5: Web-Cam Resolution -> 800x600 or better (and a working Microphone)
6: Internet Connection -> Cable Modem, DSL or better (300 kbps download, 250 kbps upload)
Note: Proctortrack does not support Linux, Virtual Machines, Chromebook, iPads, Tablets, Android Mobile phones, or mobile devices and computers with firewall restrictions on it.
3. Click on the desired exam from the list. Here we will attempt the onboarding exam.
4. Now go through the instructions and click on the “Continue to onboarding”
5. Click on the “Start System Check”.
6. Go through the general guideline for the proctored exam and then click on the (x) to close the tab.
7. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually.
If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “Open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
8. Open the Proctortrack.zip (MAC) or Proctortrack.exe (Windows) file from the download bar at the bottom.
9. Finally, launch the Proctortrack app from your downloads folder to continue.
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled “I confirm my consent, agreement, and acknowledgement as described below” and click on “Start System Check”.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “No” to take the scan again. Otherwise, click “Yes” to proceed.
6. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
7. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
8. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
9. Once the proctoring is ON a blue frame appears on the screen indicating that you are being monitoring. The Proctortrack download page will be closed and you will be redirected to the test page on edX. Click on the “Start Exam” button.
10. Click on the “Start my exam” to begin the exam.
11. Take the exam as per the norms. The video feed will be at the bottom right corner of the screen and you can hide the window by clicking on the “Hide” button.
12. Once you answer all the questions, it is important to submit the exam by clicking on the “End My Exam” button at the top right corner.
13. Confirm the exam submission by clicking on the “Yes, end my proctored exam”.
14. Once the exam is submitted, the proctoring is automatically closed.
15. Once the proctoring is closed, the data is uploaded into the servers for processing. You can click on the “Quit App” button to close the app or click on the “Uninstall” button to uninstall the app.