What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Attempting the Onboarding creates the profile of the students in the Proctortrack System. Often students are unsure whether
their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and
browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to test their system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome andFirefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome. The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during
low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
● Missing or insufficient facial scan.
● Missing or insufficient ID scan.
● ID scan shows invalid ID.
● Missing or insufficient knuckle scan.
● Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and they will be
asked to retake the onboarding exam. They can also check their Onboarding status on the Proctortrack Dashboard.
For students, onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
It is necessary to pass the Onboarding and have an approved Onboarding profile in order to attempt the actual exams. Steps to take the Onboarding are further explained below in the Guide.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
● Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack: -
1.Log in as a student on the edX platform with your Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Sign in.”
2(a) . Upon login, from the list of courses visible on this page, choose the desired course by clicking on the “View Course”
button for that course.
2(b) . Once logged in, you may go through the “About Proctortrack” and “How to take an exam using Proctortrack” links under
the Proctortrack menu, to learn more about the Proctortrack Apps and Process
2(c). You may also click on the “Proctortrack Support” link for information on how to contact our support team which is
available for you.
3. Look for the Proctortrack drop-down menu and click on the “Proctortrack Dashboard” link.
- Click on “Launching Proctortrack Dashboard ”
4(a). This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
4(b). On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test .
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
5. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-taker’s understanding.
8. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step.”
9(a). This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually. If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
9(b). Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads.
10. Finally, launch Proctortrack from your downloads folder to continue
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking "SCAN" . After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “RE-SCAN” to rewrite the them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “CONFIRM” to
5(a). For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click "NEXT".
5(b). For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click "SCAN" .
6. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “RE-SCAN” as many times as needed or
click “CONFIRM” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose to scan your “Left Hand” or your “Right Hand”. Hold the back of the selected hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “SCAN”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “RE-SCAN” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “CONFIRM” to complete the
9. This Step shows the Proctoring or monitoring configurations and instructions on what is allowed during the exam. Click “I AGREE, LET’S BEGIN” to continue.
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. You can also see the video window in the right side bottom corner. You may now proceed to answer and submit your answers on the edX platform.
11. Once you have answered all the questions and clicked Submit for each of the questions , close the proctoring session.
Click the “END” button in the top right corner.
12. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test.” Then, click “END”
13. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack’s servers.
14. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each
proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to keep Proctortrack on your computer for use with later tests or click
“UNINSTALL” to remove Proctortrack from the your computer. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack
will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.
Once you have completed the Onboarding quiz, you may check the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard.
1. Once the Onboarding is submitted, and is under processing it shows on the Proctortrack Dashboard as below.
2. Once the Onboarding is passed, the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard indicates the same. The Student will
be able to take the Actual tests (the tests become active) once their Onboarding is passed.
3. The Students can view their Onboarding scans data under the “Onboarding” tab. They can click the “arrow” to
scroll through the Face, ID and Knuckle scan. The Onboarding tab clearly shows the date of the Onboarding as well as
the Expiration date (each profile is valid for 1 year). The Students also have the option to take the Onboarding by
clicking on the “Retake Onboarding Test” link.
4. To attempt any actual tests, the students are required to click on the “Go To Test” button for that particular
test. The steps after that are the same as shown above (step 5 onwards).