What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them with the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1.Log in as a student on the edX platform with your Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Sign in.”
2. Upon login, from the list of courses visible on this page, choose the desired course by clicking on the “View Course” button for that course.
2 a. Once logged in, you may go through the “About Proctortrack” and “How to take an exam using Proctortrack” links under the Proctortrack menu, to learn more about the Proctortrack Apps and Process.
2 b. You may also click on the “Proctortrack Support” link for information on how to contact our support team which is available for you.
3. Look for the Proctortrack drop down menu and click on the “Proctortrack Dashboard” link. Click on “Launching Proctortrack Dashboard”
4. This is the Proctortrack Student Dashboard. As seen below, it shows the Onboarding status. Every student needs to first attempt the Onboarding Quiz and once the Onboarding is approved, the student can move ahead with their Course-quizzes. Click the “SELECT” button for the test that needs to be attempted.
5. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
6. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
7. Next is the “Let’s Get Started” page, scroll through Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are a great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
8. After getting familiar with the guidelines, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Then click “Go To Next Step”.
9. Next is the “Download” page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically download and connect. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack. If the Proctortrack App is already downloaded, the page will prompt to launch the App or simply launch the file from your Downloads folder..
10. Open the Proctortrack.zip (MAC) or Proctortrack.exe (Windows) file that gets downloads.
1. Once launched and connected, Proctortrack App will take you to the “Agreement to Policies”. Please read the agreement policies and check the box to proceed to the system check.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Next comes the Face Scan. Make sure you fill the frame before clicking “SCAN”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “RE-SCAN” to rewrite them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “CONFIRM” to move on.
5a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “NEXT.”
5b. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Student ID) up to the camera and click “SCAN”.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “RE-SCAN” as many times as needed for a clear scan or click “CONFIRM” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose to scan your “Left Hand” or your “Right Hand”. Hold the back of your selected hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “SCAN”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “RE-SCAN” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “CONFIRM” to complete the identification process.
9. Review the “Exam Guidelines” and click “I AGREE, LET’S BEGIN”.
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. You can also see the video window in the right side bottom corner. You may now proceed to answer and submit your answers on the edX platform.
11. Once you have answered all the questions and clicked Submit for each of the questions, Close the proctoring session. Click the “END” button in the top right corner.
12. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam”. Finally, click “END” to end proctoring.
13. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
14. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Click “QUIT APP” to save Proctortrack for use with later tests and click “UNINSTALL” to remove Proctortrack from your computer. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test.
15. Please check your Onboarding status on the Proctortrack Student Dashboard. Once your Onboarding is approved , you may attempt the Course-Quizzes. Click on the SELECT button for the quiz to be attempted and follow the same steps as shown before in the manual.