What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
1. Visit the Sakai web portal and click on the link to login on the top right corner to your account depending on the type of account you have.
2. Enter your Student Credentials and Login: Guest Login.
A. Pepperdine Login.
3. Select the desired ‘Course’ from the top of the start page.
A. From the course drop down, click on the ‘Proctortrack Dashboard’ link.
B. Now ‘Select’ the exam that you need to take from the list of exams as shown under the Proctortrack Dashboard.
4. Go through the instructions on the ‘How it Works’ page.
A. Scroll down and click ‘Go to next step’
B. Now on the ‘Let’s Get Started’ page read through the guidelines and scroll down.
C. Check the box that says “I have read, understood and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” and click on ‘Go to Next Step’ button.
5. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically download and connect, otherwise click ‘here’ to download the app.
A. Open the Proctortrack.zip(MAC) or Proctortrack.exe (Windows) file that gets downloaded and launches Proctortrack to proceed.
1. Once Proctortrack is launched, check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. You may re-scan if needed, otherwise, click “Confirm” to proceed.
5. A. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “Next.”
5. B. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan.”
6. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “ReScan” (1) as many times as needed or click “Confirm” (2) to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left Hand” or “Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. Click on “I Agree, Let’s Begin”.
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Sakai will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for the username and password should appear. By hovering the cursor near to the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Username” and “Password” (1), which can then be entered into the text box in Sakai (2). Once it is entered, click “Begin Assessment” (3).
11. Take the test while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed (1) anywhere on the screen so that it stays out of the way of important functionality. After answering each question save the answer. After the test, it’s very important to remember to submit the test by clicking on “Submit for Grading”(2) and before clicking on “End” (3) to end the monitoring session.
12. Under the Assessment Submission Warning Page Click on “Submit for Grading” (1) to submit the test. Then Click ’END’ (2) button on the top right corner to end proctoring session.
13. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test”, then click on “End”.