What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
1.a. Visit the Pepperdine-Sakai web portal and click “Pepperdine Login” in the top right corner.
1.b. Log in to your Pepperdine (Sakai) Student account by entering your credentials.
2. Select the desired course from the top of the start page.
3. On the menu on the left, click on the "Proctortrack Dashboard" link
4. a) This is the Proctortrack Student Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
4. b) On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of the test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
5. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the“Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-taker’s understanding.
8. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step.”
9a. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually.
If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
9b. Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads.
10. Finally, launch Proctortrack from your downloads folder to continue.
Using Proctortrack: -
1. Once Proctortrack is launched, check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. You may re-scan if needed, otherwise, click “Confirm” to proceed.
5. a) For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “Next.”
5. b) For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan.”
6. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “ReScan” (1) as many times as needed or click “Confirm” (2) to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left Hand” or “Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. This Step shows the Proctoring or monitoring configurations and instructions on what is allowed during the exam. Click “I AGREE, LET’S BEGIN” to continue.
10. a) Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. A prompt for the “Username” and “Password” should appear. The “Username” and “Password” (1) are displayed on the top right corner. Once they’ve been entered into the textboxes (2), click “Begin Assessment” (3).
10. b) Sometimes the access code is hidden. If it is, follow the steps given below.
You need to click on the “PASSWORD” present on the top right corner.
Now click “COPY” on the “Exam Password” page.
10. c) Once the password is copied, click “CLOSE” (1) and In the “Access code/Password”(2) field, right click and then click “Paste” (or press CTRL + V in Windows/ Command +V for MAC OSX ) to paste the password for the exam. Click on “Begin Assessment”(3) to start the Test.
11. a) Take the test while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed (1) anywhere on the screen so that it stays out of the way of important functionality. After answering each question save the answer. After the test, it’s very important to remember to submit the test by clicking on “Submit for Grading”(2) and before clicking on “End” (3) to end the monitoring session.
11. b) Under the Assessment Submission Warning Page Click on “Submit for Grading” (1) to submit the test. Then Click ’END’ (2) button on the top right corner to end the proctoring session.
12. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test”, then click on “End”.