Moodle Student Guide
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever have any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process allows students to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack: -
1. Click “Log in” in the upper right-hand corner on the initial screen.
2. Log in to Moodle by entering a username and the corresponding password before clicking “Log In”
3. Navigate to the desired course in the list of available courses.
4. Select the Quiz name that you will be attempting and click on the “Attempt quiz now” button.
5. Click on “Attempt Quiz Now”.
6. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. An onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
7. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of the tests below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
8. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
9. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
10a. Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
10b. Scroll down again to find the 'Instructor 's Guidelines for the Current Test'
10c. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand, and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “Go To Next Step.”
11a. This is the Download page. Please follow the instructions to download and connect to the application:
Step 1: Click on the Download Proctortrack button.
Step 2: Install the application on your device.
Step 3: Once the application is installed the app will auto launch
Step 4: Click on Connect to Proctortrack button on the browser and click anywhere in the application
11b. Pay attention to the banner messages displayed (see the image below). If you have already downloaded the application a pop-up will be prompted, you could click on Open Proctortrack.
Using Proctortrack: -
1. You will be redirected to the “Agreement to Policies”. Please read the agreement policies, check the box below, and then click on “I AGREE”.
2. A 7-point System Check will automatically run to verify that the system is ready.
Once the System Check is successfully conducted, click “CONTINUE” to start your onboarding. Follow the prompts till you reach the Face and ID scan.
You will be prompted to verify your identity. Ensure to read the information provided on the screen, then click on Continue to proceed.
3. You will now be prompted to complete a Face Scan. Click Start Scan and follow the instructions displayed on the page to ensure a proper face scan is captured.
4. If the face scan is blurry click on Retake to capture again. Once the face scan is captured click on Next to proceed.
5. You will now be prompted to complete the ID Scan. Make sure to Fit the ID with-in the frame in the correct alignment and hold it steady to ensure the text and your final ID scan is readable. Click Start Scan to proceed.
6. If the ID scan is blurry click on Retake to capture again. Once the ID scan is captured click on Next to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. The Test Guidelines window shows the Proctoring or monitoring configurations and instructions on what is allowed during the exam. Read them carefully and click “START PROCTORING” to begin your proctoring session.
10a. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. The page will ask for a Quiz password to start the quiz. The “Access Code/Password” is displayed on the top right corner on the blue border of the Proctortrack App.
10b. Sometimes the access code is hidden (as per the configuration set by instructor). If that is the case, follow the steps given below. You need to click on the “PASSWORD” (1) present on the top right corner. Now click “COPY” (2) on the “Exam Password” page.
10.c. Once the password is copied, click “CLOSE” (1) and then paste the password in the “Password” box (2) by right-clicking and selecting “paste”. Click “Continue” (3)to get into the test.
11. Take the test while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. After the test, it’s very important to remember to “finish attempt” and submit the quiz before ending the monitoring session.
12. Click on “Submit all and Finish”(1) to submit the test and then click on “END” (2).
13. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” Finally, click “End”.
14. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack Servers.
15. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.
Once you have completed the Onboarding quiz, you may check the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard:
1. Once the Onboarding is submitted, and is under processing it shows on the Proctortrack Dashboard as below.
2. Once the Onboarding is passed, the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard indicates the same. The Student will be able to take the Actual tests (the tests become active) once their Onboarding is passed.
3. Students can view their Onboarding scans data under the “Onboarding” tab. They can click the “arrow” to scroll through the Face, ID, and Knuckle scan. The Onboarding tab clearly shows the date of the Onboarding as well as the Expiration date (each profile is valid for 1 year). The Students also have the option to take the Onboarding by clicking on the “Retake Onboarding Test” link.
4. To attempt any actual tests, the students are required to click on the “Go To Test” button for that particular test. The steps after that are the same as shown above (step 5 onwards).