Moodle Student Guide
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Click “Log in” in the upper righthand corner on the initial screen.
2. Log in to Moodle by entering a username and the corresponding password before clicking “Log In” 3. Navigate to the desired course in the list of available courses. 4. Select the Quiz name that you will be attempting and click on “Attempt quiz now” button.
5. Click on “Attempt Quiz Now”.
6. The Proctortrack Dashboard will be displayed, Select the exam you would like to attempt which will navigate you further.
7. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
8. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
9. While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
10. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required
environment guidelines.” Then click “Go To Next Step.”
11a. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically download and connect, otherwise click ‘here’ to download the app.
11b. Open the Proctortrack.zip file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
12. Finally, launch the Proctortrack app from your downloads folder to continue.
1. Once you run the App , check the “I agree to the terms and conditions” box and then it will initiate the SYSTEM CHECK process to verify the system components.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” to rewrite them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to move on.
5a. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.