Canvas Student Guide
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. If you have any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure whether their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to test their system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Missing or insufficient facial scan.
Missing or insufficient ID scan. (Name not legible, face not clear)
ID scan shows invalid ID.
Missing or insufficient knuckle scan.
Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students, onboarding works exactly the same way as a normal exam. This will help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Log in to Canvas with your email address (1) and corresponding password (2) before clicking “Log In” (3).
2. Navigate to the desired course by clicking on the corresponding colored tile.
3. On the menu on the left, click on the "Proctortrack” (1), you get the Proctortrack Student Dashboard as shown below.
Shown below is the Onboarding Tab, where you may start your Onboarding Test.
4. a) On the top, you have the Onboarding status.TheActual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
4. b) On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of the test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
5. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
8. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “ I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
9. a) This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “Download Proctortrack” to download Proctortrack manually. If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application.
9. b) Open the 'Proctortrack.zip /Proctortrack.exe' file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
- Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement Policy”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” and click the 'START SYSTEM CHECK' button.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.