Canvas Student Guide
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. If you have any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure whether their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to test their system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Missing or insufficient facial scan.
Missing or insufficient ID scan. (Name not legible, face not clear)
ID scan shows invalid ID.
Missing or insufficient knuckle scan.
Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students, onboarding works exactly the same way as a normal exam. This will help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Log in to Canvas with your email address (1) and corresponding password (2) before clicking “Log In” (3).
2. Navigate to the desired course by clicking on the corresponding colored tile.
3. Click on “Quizzes" or "Modules" in the menu on the left.
4. Look for the desired quiz in the list. It may be necessary to scroll down or to search using the search box at the top. Once the quiz has been found, select it.
5. Click on “Get Access Code”.
6. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
7. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
8. While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are a great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
9. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” (1) Then click “Go To Next Step.” (2)
10. Once you click on “Go to Next Step”, you are forwarded to the “Download” page. If Proctortrack is already downloaded, it should run automatically. If not, click on the download link to download Proctortrack and run it.
11. Once you run the application app will be launch.
- After Launching the proctortrack app, you will be redirected to the “Agreement Policy”. Please read the agreement policies then click on “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
2. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, a System Check will run to verify that the system is ready
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.