Canvas Student Guide
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. If you have any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure whether their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to test their system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Missing or insufficient facial scan.
Missing or insufficient ID scan. (Name not legible, face not clear)
ID scan shows invalid ID.
Missing or insufficient knuckle scan.
Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students, onboarding works exactly the same way as a normal exam. This will help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Log in to Canvas with your email address (1) and corresponding password (2) before clicking “Log In” (3).
2. Navigate to the desired course by clicking on the corresponding colored tile.
3. Click on “Quizzes" or "Modules" in the menu on the left.
4. Look for the desired quiz in the list. It may be necessary to scroll down or to search using the search box at the top. Once the quiz has been found, select it.
5. Click on “Get Access Code”.
6. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
7. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
8. While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are a great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
9. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” (1) Then click “Go To Next Step.” (2)
10. Once you click on “Go to Next Step”, you are forwarded to the “Download” page. If Proctortrack is already downloaded, it should run automatically. If not, click on the download link to download Proctortrack and run it.
1. Once you run Proctortrack, check the “I agree to the terms and conditions” box and then it will initiate the SYSTEM CHECK process to verify the system components.
2. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
3. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” to replace them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to move on.
4. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
5. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “Re-Scan” as many times as needed if your name is illegible in the scan. Click “Confirm” to proceed.
6. For the knuckle scan, choose to scan your left or right hand, and hold the back of that hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
7. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
8. Click on “I AGREE, LET'S BEGIN”.
9. Proctoring will begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Canvas will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for an access code should appear. By hovering the cursor near to the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Access Code”, which can then be entered into the text box in canvas. Once it is entered, click “Submit”.
10. Take the test as per normal while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed anywhere on the screen or click HIDE so that it stays out of the way of important functionality.
11. To submit the test click on the “Submit Quiz”.
12. Once the test is submitted in Canvas, you must end proctoring. Click on the blue "END" button at the top-right hand corner to upload the monitoring data.
13. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my test.” Finally, click “End”.
14. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
15. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run again before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, and click “UNINSTALL” to remove Proctortrack from the your computer. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.