Table of Contents
What is Proctortrack?
How does it work?
What is Proctortrack
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them with the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
e. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “ I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
6a. Click on "Download Proctortrack" option to download the Application.
6b. Open the Proctortrack.zip file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
1. Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement Policy”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” and click the 'START SYSTEM CHECK' button.
2.A System Check will run to verify that the system is ready
3.Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4.You may re-scan if needed, otherwise, click “Confirm”to proceed
5b. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear.
6. .Click on “Zoom” to check if the scan is clear. Click “No” as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session.