Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Log in to Blackboard as a student by entering a Username (1) and the corresponding password (2) before clicking “Login” (3).
2. Upon login, the “My Institution” page will be the first one to open. Choose the desired course from the “My Courses” list.
3. From the course’s home page, click on “Content” in the menu on the left.
4. Click the Proctortrack tool from the list. If Proctortrack tool is not visible here you can find it in tools section.
5.You will be displayed list proctored quizzes. Select the quiz you are supposes to attempt.
6. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
7. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
8. While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
9. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” (1) Then click “Go To Next Step.” (2)
10. Once you click on “Go to Next Step”, you are forwarded to the “Download” page. If the app is already downloaded, it should run automatically. If the app is not downloaded then click on the download link to download the app and run it.
1. Once “Start” is clicked, a system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
2.Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
3.If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” (1) to rewrite the them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” (2) to move on.
4.For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
5.Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “Re-Scan” (1) as many times as needed or click “Confirm” (2) to proceed.
6. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
7.Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” (1) if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” (2) to complete the identification process.
8. Check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions” (1) to proceed to the next step.
11.Click on “Begin Proctoring”.
12. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Blackboard will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for an password should appear. By hovering the cursor near to the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Access Code” (1), which can then be entered into the textbox for password (2) in Blackboard. Once it is, click “Submit” (3) to start quiz.
13. Take the test as per normal while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed (1) anywhere on the screen so that it stays out of the way of important functionality. After the test, it’s important to remember to click “Save and Submit” (2) before clicking “End” (3).
14. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” . Finally, click “End Proctoring”.
15.The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.