Table of Contents
- What is Proctortrack?
- How does it work?
- Why Onboarding?
- What do I need to take a test/assessment using Proctortrack?
- How to attempt the Onboarding exam?
- Using Proctortrack for Onboarding
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online tests/assessments. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the test-taker/student, in going through the process of taking a proctored test/assessment with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Attempting the Onboarding creates the baseline profile of the students in the Proctortrack System. Often students are unsure whether their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. The Onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances by attempting the sample test. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome. Having an approved Onboarding profile is required in order to be eligible to attempt the actual tests. The Onboarding process will include attempting a non-graded sample test.
Students can fail the Onboarding for the following reasons: ● Missing or insufficient facial scan. ● Missing or insufficient ID scan. ● The ID scan shows an invalid ID. ● Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the Onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the Onboarding test.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support: ● Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Here are Proctortrack's system requirements:
Minimum System Requirements for Mac and PC Devices-
Additional Requirements for Mac OS and Windows OS-
Note: Please click here to view detailed technical requirements.
You will also need your Android phone or iPhone for this Live Proctoring Exam. The Smartphone is required for the room scans as well as acts as a secondary camera for Live Proctoring. It is recommended to install the Proctortrack App from the iOS App Store or Android Play store, before starting the assessment.
How to attempt the Onboarding exam?
1. Log in as a test-taker/student on https://testing.verificient.com by entering your Username and the corresponding Password before clicking ‘Sign in’.
2. Click on the ‘Go-To Test List’ button.
3. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. Normally, Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual tests/assessments.
A “Passed” Onboarding Status (Profile) is required in order to attempt any actual assessments/exams.
The available test/assessment cannot be attempted from the student account without a passed Onboarding profile.
4. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of tests/assessments below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test/assessment you would like to attempt.
First, we will attempt the Onboarding Exam. Click on the “Go To Test” button for the Onboarding Exam.
The Onboarding Exam is just a sample test to create the baseline profile of the test-takers.
5. a. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
8. Scroll down again to find the 'Instructor 's Guidelines for the Current Test'
9. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “
I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
9. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. or, If the App was downloaded during any previous tests/assessments, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “Open Proctortrack” to launch the application. or, click “here” to download the Proctortrack app manually.
. Click on the ‘Download Proctortrack’ button and the Proctortrack app will start downloading.
10 Using Proctortrack for Onboarding
. Follow the instructions presented on the screen. (See image below)
Step 1: Open the App and click on Connect to Proctortrack button.
Step 2: Click anywhere on the app screen to proceed further.
11. If it’s taking longer than 10 seconds to initiate the app, follow the instructions displayed on the screen
Step 1: Go back to the browser (you can drag the app on the side).
Step 2: Click on the Connect to Proctor button.
Step 3: Come back here and click anywhere inside the app.
12. Read over the Agreement to Policy and checkmark the box to confirm your consent only after you have read the information. Click on I agree to proceed.
13. Your device will now Complete a system check.
14. After the system check you are ready for the onboarding exam. Click on Continue to proceed.
15. You will be prompted to verify your identity. Ensure to read the information provided on the screen, then click on Continue to proceed.
16. You will now be prompted to complete a Face Scan.
• Click Scan and follow the instructions displayed on the page to ensure a proper face scan is captured.
• Once the face scan is captured click on Next to proceed. If the face scan is blurry click on Retake to capture again.
17. You will now be prompted to complete an ID Scan:
• Position your ID and ensure that the reflection of light is not hiding the text.
• Click on Start Scan and hold the ID for 10 seconds.
• Ensure that the text in your final ID scan is readable.
• Provincial health cards are not accepted.
• Click on Next once you complete your ID scan to proceed.
. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click“No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
The page will direct you to a list of rules and guidelines of what is allowed for the duration of the exam
18. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ Start Proctoring ” .
19. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session.
This is the sample test. Click on the “Launch Test” button to start the sample test.
20. Once you have submitted the sample test/assessment, click the“End” button on the top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.”. Finally, click “End”.
A pop-up will appear, proceed and click on End.
23. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
24. Once the upload is complete proceed to click on Quit App to close and save the application or, select Uninstall to remove Proctortrack from the desktop. The Onboarding is now complete!
Once the Onboarding profile is approved, you may proceed to attempt your proctored exam using Proctortrack.