Table of Contents
- What is Proctortrack?
- How does it work?
- Why Onboarding?
- What do I need to take a test/assessment using Proctortrack?
- How to attempt the Onboarding exam?
- Using Proctortrack for Onboarding
What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online tests/assessments. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the test-taker/student, in going through the process of taking a proctored test/assessment with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 (844) 753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Attempting the Onboarding creates the baseline profile of the students in the Proctortrack System. Often students are unsure whether their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. The Onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances by attempting the sample test. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome. Having an approved Onboarding profile is required in order to be eligible to attempt the actual tests. The Onboarding process will include attempting a non-graded sample test.
Students can fail the Onboarding for the following reasons: ● Missing or insufficient facial scan. ● Missing or insufficient ID scan. ● The ID scan shows an invalid ID. ● Insufficient environment lighting.
If a student fails the Onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to retake the Onboarding test.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support: ● Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Here are Proctortrack's system requirements:
1: Operating System-> Windows 7 or higher, Mac OS X 10.13 or higher with a minimum of 2 GB free space.
2: Processor/RAM -> Dual-core 2 GHz CPU, 2 GB RAM or better (Windows), Intel Processor, 2 GB RAM or better(MAC).
5: Web-Cam Resolution -> 800x600 or better (and a working Microphone).
6: Internet Connection -> Cable Modem, DSL or better (300 kbps download, 250 kbps upload).
You will also need your Android phone or iPhone for this Live Proctoring Exam. The Smartphone is required for the room scans as well as acts as a secondary camera for Live Proctoring. It is recommended to install the Proctortrack App from the iOS App Store or Android Play store, before starting the assessment.
How to attempt the Onboarding exam?
1. Log in as a test-taker/student on https://testing.verificient.com by entering your Username and the corresponding Password before clicking ‘Sign in’.
2. Click on the ‘Go-To Test List’ button.
3. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. Normally, Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual tests/assessments.
A “Passed” Onboarding Status (Profile) is required in order to attempt any actual assessments/exams.
The available test/assessment cannot be attempted from the student account without a passed Onboarding profile.
4. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of tests/assessments below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test/assessment you would like to attempt.
First, we will attempt the Onboarding Exam. Click on the “Go To Test” button for the Onboarding Exam.
The Onboarding Exam is just a sample test to create the baseline profile of the test-takers.
5. a. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
8. Scroll down again to find the 'Instructor 's Guidelines for the Current Test'
9. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “
I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
9. This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. or, If the App was downloaded during any previous tests/assessments, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “Open Proctortrack” to launch the application. or, click “here” to download the Proctortrack app manually.
10. Click on the ‘Download Proctortrack’ button and the Proctortrack app will start downloading.
11. Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads.
Using Proctortrack for Onboarding
1. Once Proctortrack has launched, check the box labeled “I confirm my consent, agreement, and acknowledgment as described below” and click on “Start System Check”.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “No” to take the scan again. Otherwise, click “Yes” to proceed.
5a. For the ID scan, please go through the instructions for a valid photo ID scan and click “NEXT.”
5b. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID up to the camera and click “Scan”.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click“No” if not satisfied with the scan. You can rescan the id as many times as needed or click “Yes” to proceed.
7. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
8. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session.
This is the sample test. Click on the “Launch Test” button to start the sample test.
9. Once you have submitted the sample test/assessment, click the“End” button on the top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.”. Finally, click “End”.
10. The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
11. The Onboarding is now complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack.
Once the Onboarding profile is approved, you may proceed to attempt your proctored exam using Proctortrack.