What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1.Log into D2L as a student by entering a Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Login.”
2.Upon login, Choose the desired course from the drop-down menu button.
3. Click on Proctortrack under the Content Browser bar, then click Proctortrack again to continue or Click Content then select Proctortrack from the Table of Content then click Proctortrack Dashboard.
4. You will be displayed list proctored quizzes. Select the quiz you are supposed to attempt.
5. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
8. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “ I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
9. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically connect, otherwise click Download and run here to download the app.
10.Open the Proctortrack.zip file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
1. Once the Proctortrack App is launched, check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions”.
2. A System Check will run to verify that the system is ready .
3.Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4.You may "Re-scan" if needed, otherwise, click “Confirm” to proceed
5a.For the ID scan, read all the instructions carefully and then click on NEXT button and scan Your ID.
5b. Make sure to fit the ID within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear.
6. Click “Re-scan” as many times as needed, if the scans are not clear or click “Confirm” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left Hand” or “Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8.Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.