What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
What do I need to take an exam using Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1.Log in to D2L as a student by entering a Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Login.”
2.Upon login, Choose the desired course from the drop down menu button.
3. Click on Proctortrack under the Content Browser bar, then click Proctortrack again to continue or Click Content then select Proctortrack from the Table of Content then click Proctortrack Dashboard.
4. You will be displayed list proctored quizzes. Select the quiz you are supposed to attempt.
5. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
6.Click on “Go to Next Step”.
7.While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are the great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
8. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” (1) Then click “Go To Next Step.” (2).
9. Proctortrack will begin to download automatically otherwise click the Connect button if Proctortrack is already installed.
1. Once “Start” is clicked, a system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
2.Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
3. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” to rewrite the them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to move on.
4.For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), up to the camera and click “Scan”.
5.Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “Re-Scan” as many times as needed or click “Confirm” to proceed.
6. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
7. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” (1) if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” (2) to complete the identification process.
8. Check the box labeled “I agree to the terms and conditions”
9. Click on “Begin Proctoring”.
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. D2L will be brought to the forefront of the screen.
You need to click on the LOCK icon present on the top right corner .
Now click the ‘COPY’ button on the ‘Exam Password’ page.
The password is generated, please follow the steps given in the ‘Ready to proceed!’ message box..
Similarly for MAC you get the below message.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
In the (1)“Quiz password” field, right click and then click (2)“Paste” (Or for Windows press CTRL + V and for MAC press Command + V)to paste the password in the Quiz Password Box. Hit (3)“Start Quiz” button to Begin your quiz.
11. Take the test as per normal while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. While taking the test, feel free to move the camera feed window anywhere on the screen so that it stays out of the way of important functionality.
After the test, it’s important to remember to click “Go to Submit Assessment.”
12. You will be displayed quiz submission page. Click “Submit Quiz.”
13. When prompted for submitting quiz, click “Yes, submit assessment.”
14. Lastly click “End” button on top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” (1). Finally, click “End Proctoring”.(2)
15.The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
16. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “Close Window” (1) to save the application for use with later tests, and click “Uninstall Application” (2) to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.