What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1-844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing or insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them with the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
What are the technical requirements for Proctortrack?
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack: -
1.Log in as a student by entering a Username and the corresponding Password before clicking “Login.”
2. Navigate to the desired course by clicking on it in the list of available courses.
3. Look for the desired quiz in the list. It may be necessary to scroll down. Once the quiz has been found, select it.
4. Click on “Start Test Now”.
5. Select your test.
6. This is the Proctortrack Dashboard. On the top, you have the Onboarding status. The Actual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
7. On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of the test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
8. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
9. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
10. a) Scroll down further to find the “General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-taker’s understanding.
8. Scroll down again to find the 'Instructor 's Guidelines for the Current Test'
10. b) After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.”Click “Go To Next Step.”
10. Please click on the ‘Download Proctortrack’ button to download the app.
11. Open the 'Proctortrack.zip /Proctortrack.exe' file that gets downloaded and launch Proctortrack to proceed.
1. Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement Policy”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” and click the 'START SYSTEM CHECK' button.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4.You may re-scan if needed, otherwise, click “Confirm” to proceed
5a. For the ID scan follow all the instructions and click on "Next button" hold a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), up to the camera and click “Scan”.