What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing of insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: firstname.lastname@example.org, 1-844-753-2020
How do I take a test using Proctortrack?
1. Log in to Canvas with student email address (1) and the corresponding password (2) before clicking “Log In” (3).
2. Click on ‘Course’(1) tab and Select the Course “Online Course Identity Verification With Proctortrack”.(2)
3. As per the recent change Click on “Proctortrack” in the menu on the left which should be below the highlighted 'Quizzes' section in the image below.
4. On the menu on the left, click on the "Proctortrack” (1), you get the Proctortrack Student Dashboard as shown below.
Shown below is the Onboarding Tab, where you may start your Onboarding Test.
5. a) On the top, you have the Onboarding status.TheActual tests cannot be attempted unless the Onboarding profile is approved. Onboarding profile can be created by attempting the Onboarding test. The Onboarding test is a sample test.
Every Test-taker needs to have an approved Onboarding Profile, before attempting any actual Tests.
5. b) On the Proctortrack Student Dashboard, you have the list of the test below. Click on the “Go to Test” button for the test you would like to attempt. Here we will first attempt the Onboarding test.
The Process for attempting the actual tests is the same as the Onboarding test.
6. Read the “How it works” tab on the top, to further understand the steps required. Click the “Next” button to scroll through the steps.
6. Scroll down to go through the “Let’s Get Started” section, to understand the guidelines for a proper testing environment.
7. Scroll down further to find the "General Guidelines” section. These are generic exam guidelines for the test-takers understanding.
8. After getting familiar with all the guidelines, check the box (at the bottom) labelled “ I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” Click “ Go To Next Step.”
9. a) This is the Download page. Proctortrack will attempt to automatically start the download. If it doesn’t, click “here” to download Proctortrack manually.
If the App was downloaded during any previous exams/tests, the download page will detect the downloaded app and bring forward a pop-up window to click on “open Proctortrack” to launch the application
9. b) Open the Proctortrack.zip/Proctortrack.exe file that downloads.
10. Finally, launch Proctortrack from your downloads folder to continue.
1. Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement to Policies”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” to proceed with the system check.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” to rewrite them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to move on.
5a. For the ID scan follow all the instructions and click on "Next button" hold a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), up to the camera and click “Scan”.
5b. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear.
6. Click “Re-Scan” as many times as needed or click “Confirm” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Canvas will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for an access code should appear. By hovering the cursor near to the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Access Code” (1), which can then be entered into the text box in canvas (2). Once it is, click “Submit” (3).
11.Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Canvas will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for an access code should appear. By hovering the cursor near the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Access Code” (1), which can then be entered into the text box in canvas (2). Once it is, click “Submit” (3).
12. Sometimes the access code is hidden, depending on the test configuration, Follow the steps given below.
1.Click the ‘PASSWORD’ button in the top right corner .
2.Now click the ‘COPY’ button on the ‘Exam Password’ page.
In the “Access code/Password” field, right click and then click “Paste” (or press CTRL + V in Windows/ Command +V for MAC OSX ) to paste the password for the exam.
13. Take the test as per normal while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. After the test, it’s important to remember to click “Submit Quiz” (1) before clicking “End” (2). Click on “HIDE”(3) to minimize the video feed.
14. Lastly, click “End” button on top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” . Finally, click “End”.
15.The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
16. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.
Once you have completed the Onboarding quiz, you may check the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard.
1. Once the Onboarding is submitted, and is under processing it shows on the Proctortrack Dashboard as below.
2. Once the Onboarding is passed, the status on the Proctortrack Dashboard indicates the same. The Student will be able to take the Actual tests (the tests become active) once their Onboarding is passed.
3. The Students can view their Onboarding scans data under the “Onboarding” tab. They can click the “arrow” to scroll through the Face, ID and Knuckle scan. The Onboarding tab clearly shows the date of the Onboarding as well as the Expiration date (each profile is valid for 1 year). The Students also have the option to take the Onboarding by clicking on the “Retake Onboarding Test” link.
4. To attempt any actual tests, the students are required to click on the “Go To Test” button for that particular test. The steps after that are the same as shown above (step 5 onwards).