What is Proctortrack?
Proctortrack is the automatic remote proctoring solution your institution has selected for use during online exams. More information about Proctortrack’s privacy policies and technologies used can be found on our website.
How does it work?
The following guide will assist you, the student, in going through the process of taking a proctored exam with Proctortrack. Remember if you ever had any additional questions, you can call 1 844-753-2020 or go to www.proctortrack.com/support for additional information and live chat.
Often students are unsure if their specific hardware setup will allow them to use Proctortrack. While a detailed list of supported operating systems and browsers is available on Proctortrack.com, students often prefer to just test their own system themselves. Keep in mind that Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browser. While Proctortrack will work in other browsers, the user experience is far superior in Chrome.
The onboarding process gives students the opportunity to make sure everything is working correctly during low-pressure circumstances. It also gives students time to make any changes to their system well before the first exam.
Students can fail onboarding for the following reasons:
Facial scan missing or insufficient
ID scan missing or insufficient
ID scan shows invalid ID
Knuckle scan missing of insufficient
Environment lighting insufficient
If a student fails the onboarding exam, they will receive a notification listing the specific reasons for failure and be asked to re-take the onboarding exam.
For students onboarding appears exactly the same as a normal exam, to help familiarize them to the testing environment.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Verificient support:
Proctortrack support: email@example.com, 1-844-753-2020
Taking an Exam with Proctortrack
1. Log in to Canvas with student email address (1) and the corresponding password (2) before clicking “Log In” (3).
2. Click on ‘Course’(1) tab and Select the Course “Online Course Identity Verification With Proctortrack”.(2)
3. As per the recent change Click on “Proctortrack” in the menu on the left which should be below the highlighted 'Quizzes' section in the image below.
4. Look for the desired quiz in the list.
5. Click on Blue “Select” button in front of your desired Quiz to start the process to take that test.
6. Read the “How it works” page. More will be revealed after scrolling down.
7. Click on “Go to Next Step”.
8. While scrolling through the “Let’s Get Started” page, look over Proctortrack’s guidelines for an ideal test-taking environment. These practices are great way to secure an accurate assessment and credit for honesty shown during the test.
9. After getting familiar with Proctortrack, check the box labeled “I have read, understand and will adhere to the required environment guidelines.” (1) Then click “Go To Next Step.” (2)
10. Once you click on “Go to Next Step”, you are forwarded to the “Download” page. If the app is already downloaded, it should run automatically. If the app is not downloaded then click on the download link to download the app and run it.
1. Once launched is clicked, the app will take to the “Agreement to Policies”, please read the agreement policies and “check the box” to proceed with the system check.
2. The system check will run to verify that the system is ready.
3. Make sure to fill the frame before clicking “Scan”. After that, follow the on-screen prompts.
4. If dissatisfied with the scans, click “Re-Scan” to rewrite them by taking new ones. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to move on.
5. For the ID scan, hold a valid photo ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), up to the camera and click “Scan”.
6. Make sure to fit the ID (Driver’s License or Student ID), within the frame and hold it steady so that it’s clear. Click “Re-Scan” as many times as needed or click “Confirm” to proceed.
7. For the knuckle scan, choose “Left or Right Hand”, hold the back of either hand up to the webcam and try to fit it within the frame. Click “Scan”.
8. Once the scan is complete, click “Re-Scan” if the scan is too blurry. Otherwise, click “Confirm” to complete the identification process.
9. Review the Exam Guidelines and click on “ I agree, Let’s Begin” .
10. Proctoring has now begun. A blue border will be placed around the screen as a reminder that Proctortrack is now in session. Canvas will be brought to the forefront of the screen and a prompt for an access code should appear. By hovering the cursor near to the top of the screen, an additional gray bar will be brought down. That bar will provide the “Access Code” (1), which can then be entered into the text box in canvas (2). Once it is, click “Submit” (3).
11.Sometimes the access code is hidden, depending on the test configuration, Follow the steps given below.
You need to click on the LOCK icon present on the top right corner.
Now click the ‘COPY’ button on the ‘Exam Password’ page.
In the “Access code/Password” field, right click and then click “Paste” (or press CTRL + V in Windows/ Command +V for MAC OSX ) to paste the password for the exam.
12. Take the test as per normal while adhering to the aforementioned guidelines. After the test, it’s important to remember to click “Submit Quiz” (1) before clicking “End” (2). Click on “HIDE”(3) to minimize the video feed.
13. Lastly, click “End” button on top-right corner to end proctoring. Check the box next to “Yes, I have completed and submitted my exam.” . Finally, click “End”.
14.The session data will be automatically uploaded to Proctortrack.
15. The test session is complete! Either button seen here will close Proctortrack. Proctortrack will have to be run before each proctoring-enabled test. Click “QUIT APP” to save the application for use with later tests, or click “Uninstall” to remove Proctortrack from the current machine. Keep in mind that an opportunity to download Proctortrack will be given before each proctoring-enabled test.