Please try the following steps:
- Is your webcam internal or external? If it's external, is it properly plugged in? You may need to try to unplug and re-plug it. Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port.
- Does your webcam work in other circumstances (on skype, facetime, etc.)? This means that the webcam hardware is working correctly and the problem is most likely related to software.
- Are there any other applications currently using the webcam? If so, please close these applications. Only one application at a time can use your webcam. If another application (skype, facetime, etc.) is using it, Proctortrack will be unable to use it.
- Does your webcam need a software update?
- Test for whether the Webcam is working by visiting http://www.testmycam.net/ or https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ on either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Make sure your webcam software is up to date.
- If Proctortrack gives you the message "No Device Found" or "No Webcam Found", close Proctortrack and then re-run it by right-clicking on it's icon and selecting "Run as Administrator".
If the webcam is not detected by the Proctortrack app or it freezes during the facial scan, the problem is most likely related to webcam drivers.
Please follow the steps below:
Test the webcam on www.testmycam.net in Chrome and Firefox. If the camera is not detected there, there may be a driver-related issue within the operating system.
To update the drivers, please go to Control Panel followed by Device Manager and open Webcam Properties under Imaging Devices.
Please go to the “Driver” tab & click on “Update Drivers”. Then click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.
Click “Let me pick from a list of ...”, please ensure the “show compatible hardware” box is checked, and then choose “USB Video Device” and install that driver.
This may require a system restart. Please try launching Proctortrack again with or without using ManyCam. If the above steps do not work please try updating the drivers using Windows Update.
Please download and run the free version of Manycam from https://manycam.com/
Let Manycam run in the background.
Please close Proctortrack and relaunch it. This time while launching Proctortrack please select Manycam from the webcam drop-down menu.
Let the default audio option be selected.
If it does not detect the webcam then this could be a hardware issue or an inherent webcam driver Issue within the installed OS.