Please try the following steps:
- Is your webcam internal or external? If it's external, is it properly plugged in? You may need to try to unplug and plug back into the webcam if it's external. Try plugging the webcam into a different USB port.
- Does your webcam work in other circumstances (on skype, facetime, etc.)? This means that the webcam hardware is working correctly and the problem is most likely related to software.
- Are there any other applications currently using the webcam? If so, please close these applications. Only one application at a time can use your webcam. If another application (skype, facetime, etc.) is using it, then Proctortrack is unable to use it.
- Does your webcam need a software update?
- Test if the Webcam is working by visiting http://www.testmycam.net/ or https://www.onlinemictest.com/webcam-test/ on any of the two web browsers: Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- Make sure your webcam is using the latest software update.
- If the Proctortrack gives you the message No Device found or No webcam found, then close the app and then re-run it by right-clicking on the app and selecting the option Run as Administrator.
Here are the troubleshooting steps:
If the webcam is not detected by the Proctortrack app or it freezes during the facial scan. This happens due to webcam drivers.
Please follow the below steps:
Test the webcam on www.testmycam.net in Chrome and Internet Explorer. If the camera is not detected there, this could be a Camera Drivers related issue within the Operating System.
To Update the Drivers, please go to the Device Manager in the “Control Panel” and open the Webcam Properties under “Imaging Devices”.
Please go to the “Driver” Tab & click on “Update Drivers”, then click on “Browse my computer for driver Software”.
Then click on “Let me pick from a list of ..”, please ensure the “show compatible hardware” box is checked, and then choose “USB Video Device” and install that driver.
This may require a system restart. Please try launching the App again with or without using ManyCam. If the above steps do not work please try updating the drivers using Windows update.
Please download and run the Manycam free version from the link:https://manycam.com/
Let the Manycam run in the background.
Please close the running Proctortrack app and relaunch it. This time while launching the app please select the Manycam from the webcam drop-down menu.
Let the default audio option be selected.
If it does not detect the webcam then this should be a hardware issue or an inherent Webcam Driver Issue within the installed OS.